On Friday 17 July 2009, Kirk Wolf wrote:
> I agree.  bzip2 or gzip seem like much better choices than zip.
> AFAIK, zip files have a "directory" at the end of the archive with a
> pointer to the "end" at the very beginning.   This might explain why
> unzip is failing with pipes or special files.

    Well, yes and no. It fails with a regular zip file as input, even a
small one. There's a bug somewhere in my code - it isn't picking up the
length of the file correctly, hence it doesn't now how much to read to
look for the directory signatures. Maybe this weekend I'll have time to
track it down.

Cheers,
Bob

--