> On Friday 24 July 2009, Bob Woodside wrote:
>    I don't see how zip can be failing now. Everything seems to be
> defined correctly.

This is an odd one.

Has anyone else verified the zip patches (cmsmvs version) applied
results in the same message when zipping files over 4GB :

" zip error: Entry too big to split, read, or write (Poor compression
resulted in unexpectedly large entry - try -fz)"

or does it work ?

>   I uploaded a fixed patch for unzip to the the Info-ZIP forum this
>evening. It should not fail now. However, I think it still needs some
>work to get the MVS filename handling in sync with the changes that
>Lutz made to zip.

I applied this patch for unzip, and it works :

==> call userid.infozip(unzip) '-t userid.testmake.ZIP'
Archive:  userid.testmake.zip
    testing: notes                    OK
    testing: testmake.zipinfo         OK
No errors detected in compressed data of userid.testmake.zip.
***

==> call userid.infozip(unzip) '-a userid.testmake.ZIP -d
userid.testmake'
Archive:  userid.testmake.zip
  inflating: userid.testmake(notes)
  inflating: userid.testmake.zipinfo(testmake)
***
This allocates the files & it is readable.

In batch // PARM='/-a TESTMAKE.ZIP  -d "userid.TESTMAKE"' job completes
with RC=0, & I get this message but the dataset does not get created
(perhaps writing to hfs/zfs, but cannot find it).
Archive:  TESTMAKE.ZIP
  inflating: userid.TESTMAKE(notes)
  inflating: userid.TESTMAKE.zipinfo(testmake)

Unzip (USS/unix) still works fine.
/tmp/infozip/unzip60/mvs: >/infozip/unzip60/unzip -l testmake.zip

Archive:  testmake.zip
  Length      Date    Time    Name
---------  ---------- -----   ----
      126  11-19-1998 21:46   notes
      236  11-19-1998 21:46   testmake.zipinfo
      362                     2 files

> I'm hoping we can get him to give us a hand there,
>but I haven't heard anything from him lately.

Same here. I hope he'll able to assist.

Thanks for your support in this,
Vikesh
Please Note: This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice