On Wednesday 22 July 2009, Vikesh Bhoola wrote:
> Bob, thanks for the info on the patches. I have re-done this and did
> not get any prompts or rejects this time round. Uploaded the file to
> z/OS & it compiled successfully. I verified the patches are in, but
> still get the error for zipping a file over 4GB :
>

>         zip warning: Entry too big:HLQ.FOURGIG.Q123.DNR2007R
>
> zip error: Entry too big to split, read, or write (Poor compression
> resulted in unexpectedly large entry - try -fz)

    I have no idea what's wrong. Unfortunately, I won't be able to test
anything till tonight at the earliest.

    Try this. Edit the file zip.c. At line 1219 you'll see

# if 0

Change that to

# if 1

and rebuild zip. Then run "zip -v" and let me know what zip reports. In
particular, we want to see the following:

Zip special compilation options:
* size of int:         4
* size of long:        4
* size of long long:   8
* size of off_t:       8
__LF is defined.
  off_t must be defined as a long long

If you see anything else, we have a real problem.

Cheers,
Bob

--
Bob Woodside