When we used PCs to perform shutdown, we had a conformation. The
operator selected the image, clicked shutdown, and hit enter to confirm,
never reading the message. We added a 2nd confirmation message and they
hit enter twice. When we eliminated the PCs and move the command to the
mainframe, we put a WTOR out that gave them 30 seconds to cancel the
shutdown. That worked a lot better.

Dennis Roach
GHG Corporation
Lockheed Martin Mission Services
Facilities Design and Operations Contract
NASA/JSC
Address:
   2100 Space Park Drive
   LM-15-4BH
   Houston, Texas 77058
Mail:
   P.O. Box 58487
   Mail Code H4C
   Houston, Texas 77258
Phone:
   Voice:  (281)336-5027
   Cell:   (713)591-1059
   Fax:    (281)336-5410
E-Mail:  dennis.ro...@lmco.com

All opinions expressed by me are mine and may not agree with my employer
or any person, company, or thing, living or dead, on or near this or any
other planet, moon, asteroid, or other spatial object, natural or
manufactured, since the beginning of time.