<snip>

> --
>      Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT

How are VTAM Unformatted System Services and z/OS UNIX System Services the same
context? Unless somebody says something unhelpful like: "I'm having a problem
with USS! Please help!". Such messages I ignore. A proper message should say
something about whether the context is VTAM or UNIX. Unless the forum in which
it is posted makes it obvious. E.g. VTAM USS questions should not be posted in
MVS-OE. Of course, IBM-MAIN, is very generic, but a properly phrased question
should resolve the context properly.

However, just to say, I almost always say z/OS UNIX or just UNIX. I don't even
like others' use of OMVS because I might not be sure if they mean the TSO OMVS
command or as a generic for z/OS UNIX.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell