On 14.06.2012 16:02, R.S. wrote:
W dniu 2012-06-14 15:49, Miklos Szigetvari pisze:
Hi

I would like to use at one IPL IEASYMxx and IEASYMyy at the next ,
without changing the LOAD member.
I thought I could say SYM=xx or SYM=yy, but it is not the case.
(Swapping LPAR's)

1. You can have sections in both LOADxx and IEASYMxx members. Such section can be chosen using LPAR name, CPC name (from HCD) or VM guest (for those who run z/OS under VM).
This facility allows you to automatically assign proper member.

2. If your selection criteria are more complex and you really need operator intervention, then what's wrong with choosing LOADxx member instead of IEASYM ? Yes, LOADxx suffix is entered in HMC, not on MVS console. IMHO it's not a problem.

If you know already it is not a problem, but if I think I can say SYM=xx at IPL it is a problem ;-)