Not using IEBPTPCH.

> 2) Does anyone know if I specify DISP=SHR on SYSUT1 for a PDS
> if there is a
> data integrity problem if another job adds a member or even
> compresses the
> PDS?

I wouldn't do this.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/dgt2u160/3.11?SHELF=DGT2BKA0.bks&DT=20100615142149
<quote>
Attention: Do not compress a partitioned data set currently being used by more
than one user. If you do, the other users will see the data set as damaged,
even though it is not. If any of these other users update the partitioned data
set after you compress it, then their update will actually damage the
partitioned data set.
</quote>

> Thanks!
>
> Kirk Wolf
> Dovetailed Technologies
> http://dovetail.com
>
> PS>  Maybe there is another utility that efficiently gets a flattened
> version of a source PDS?

SAS has PROC SOURCE which I have used for this function.

http://cbttape.org/cbtdowns.htm, file #093 says that it "sequentializes" a PDS.

Not sure about ISPF LMPRINT
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/ISPZSG80/2.45.5

Being a z/UNIX savvy person, perhaps you've heard of Co:Z Batch? <GRIN/>

//PROCLIB  JCLLIB ORDER=(SYS3.COZ.V2R1M1.SAMPJCL)
//EX1      EXEC PROC=COZBATCH
//STDIN    DD   *
set -x
directory=$TMP/seq.$$
mkdir ${directory}
cd ${directory}
cp "//'some.dsn'" .
for i in *;do cat $i;done|todsn 'DD:OUTPUT'
cd $TMP
rm -rf ${directory}
/*
//OUTPUT DD DISP=(NEW,CATLG),
// DSN=some.dsn.ps,DCB=(some.dsn,DSORG=PS),
// SPACE=(...)
//STDOUT DD SYSOUT=*
//STDERR DD  SYSOUT=*
//CEEDUMP DD SYSOUT=*