Brings to mind the by-far most often quoted performance standard in the
U.S.: the MPG rating attached to every new car sold in this country. More
than merely 'it depends', MPG has two ratings displayed: highway and
non-highway. What you actually experience *should* fall somewhere in
between. I've never heard a complaint from anyone whose MPG is too high.
In the case of too low, we've had some highly publicized lawsuits
hereabouts.

<personal rant> Auto makers love the wiggle phrase "your actual mileage
may vary". Duh. Of course it will vary. That's why MPG is given as a
range. What they are loathe to admit is that "your actual mileage may
differ" from the advertized range. Ouch. Lawyer up, drivers. Clear your
court calendar. In the latest publicized lawsuit, the auto maker is
attempting to toss the whole controversy onto the Feds, who actually
produce and publish the numbers. Good luck with that. <unrant>

Did Whitehead assert that this is a virtual Friday?

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
SCE Infrastructure Technology Services