The LSPR numbers give a fairly decent indication of performance based upon
various workloads.  Of course you have to know the kind of work that your
shop does.

Kirk is correct.  IBM has a couple of tools for doing CPU projections based
upon the current numbers and projecting it onto various processor
configurations... available on resource link.

<half a plug>
my old company would do performance  projections for their customers as
part of their value add
</half a plug

Rob Schramm
Senior Systems Consultant