On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 13:33:07 -0400, Bonno, Tuco <t...@cio.sc.gov> wrote:

>is there an UNEQUIVOCAL method for finding out which ptf introduced which
>HealthCheck??

Yes, consult the encyclopedia - AKA Marna Walle.    :-)

(it is Friday).

Since the checks are written by individual components for health checker,  there
is probably a lot of inconsistencies in the way the APARs are documented.

Since the checks should include documentation updates, you should be able
to search by the check name as you did and find it.   I just did a search
on "Health Checker" and "ZFS" in IBMLINK and I came up with this APAR
that may be the one, but there is no doc other than

ZFS HEALTH CHECK FOR MIGRATION TO ZFS R13.

APAR Identifier ...... OA35465
Release 3B0   : UA59383 available 11/04/03 (F103 )

I thought that was it, but in looking at my SMPPTS, it isn't.     After some
research,
I think it was introduced with PTF  UA61854 , which addresses several APARs
including one that talks about a problem with that check itself (maybe the
problem
was found while in development).

This link in the migration manual is supposed to help, but it is just leads you
to the manual and APAR text, which you (and I) searched.

http://www.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/hchecker/check_table.html

So back to my original suggestion - Marna!

mailto:m...@mzelden.com