On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 14:45:40 -0500, Mark Zelden <m...@mzelden.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 13:33:07 -0400, Bonno, Tuco <t...@cio.sc.gov> wrote:
>
>>is there an UNEQUIVOCAL method for finding out which ptf introduced which
>>HealthCheck??
>>

>Yes, consult the encyclopedia - AKA Marna Walle.    :-)
>
>(it is Friday).
>

>Since the checks are written by individual components for health checker,
>there
>is probably a lot of inconsistencies in the way the APARs are documented.
>
>Since the checks should include documentation updates, you should be able
>to search by the check name as you did and find it.   I just did a search
>on "Health Checker" and "ZFS" in IBMLINK and I came up with this APAR
>that may be the one, but there is no doc other than
>

>ZFS HEALTH CHECK FOR MIGRATION TO ZFS R13.
>

>APAR Identifier ...... OA35465
>Release 3B0   : UA59383 available 11/04/03 (F103 )
>
>I thought that was it, but in looking at my SMPPTS, it isn't.     After some
>research,
>I think it was introduced with PTF  UA61854 , which addresses several APARs
>including one that talks about a problem with that check itself (maybe the
>problem
>was found while in development).
>
>This link in the migration manual is supposed to help, but it is just leads you
>to the manual and APAR text, which you (and I) searched.
>
>http://www.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/hchecker/check_table.html
>
>So back to my original suggestion - Marna!

I looked again closer.

Part of that check - MSGIOEZH0015I which states the  the check doesn't
apply to single system, came in with OA36514 / UA61854.  The pre for
that is OA35465 / UA59383, and if you look in the MCS for that PTF you can find
msg IOEZH0010I which stages that the correct interface level 3 is active.

You really should have both PTFs, but my first suspicion was correct that the
check came in with OA35465 - ZFS HEALTH CHECK FOR MIGRATION TO ZFS R13.

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com