Von: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] Im Auftrag
von Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2012 00:10
An: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Betreff: Re: Gordon Crovitz: Who Really Invented the Internet?

In
<E36DC330434FBA4ABA45590D5370A88B076C49FF@INTERCHIP-SBS.interchip.local>,
on 07/25/2012
   at 12:21 PM, David Stokes <sto...@interchip.de> said:

>One really has to ask however what exactly

>>In an anarchic fashion that opened us up to all sorts of network abuse.

>actually means

It means not pulling the plug on abusers.

>or what the proposed "solution" would actually look like.

ARPAnet and NSFnet, with a much larger set of nodes.

>Of course it's  easily to refer to something like " a planned
>transition that included the same type of oversight..." without
>giving any hint of what it really means.

But it's difficult to force people to pay attention to the hints, and
it's easy for them to pretend that they weren't there.

>What is and who decides what is "abuse", then?

I would have been happy for it to continue to be NSF, but InterNIC was
the obvious candidate.

>I see basically two possibilities,

Look farther.

>Is that then what you are actually hoping for?

Are you bank robber?

     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>