On 8/10/2012 11:36 AM, Frank Chu wrote:
John,

It's for an application that has already been written by us.  The app is an
assembler debugger and we want to add the ability/option of displaying it's
contents on the PC with something other than in a 3270 emulator.     There's not
a lot of real estate in a 3270 screen and there are limitations on how we
display things.  This is becoming more of an issue as we move beyond just
debugging HLASM programs.

With regards to the multiple tabs/windows.  The general idea behind the GUI on
the PC would be that in a single debugging session, you can have a window open
for displaying the code as you are stepping through it. Another window to
display register contents, another one for variables, another one for displaying
storage that your program will modify, another window for HELP, etc.   If you
have used Eclipse or Visual Studio, it's similar to something like that.

Hmmm. Well, there's the ISPF Workstation Agent (WSA). Each new screen you
start opens in a separate window. But the GUI is really ugly. Maybe you
could work with IBM on fixing that (it is currently 'functionally
stablizied' is my understanding, which is code for 'dead'; but maybe a
real application would get IBM's attention; maybe not).

Frank