IBM is not going to support ESCON on its newest box, only FICON
I find this ludicrous, and just was wondering how many on the list would
still
require ESCON like we do for older devices we still use like 3174's, 3490E
( for recall ), 3590's and XCF ,
I know we can convert the 3174's to ICC, and XCF ( but what a waste of
FICON chans )
the ICC needs testing internal network and Operations training esp since it
will effect VM VSE and Z/os across numerous LPARS

any responses on or off list would be appreciated

Note: all our ESCON is point to point, we don't use any extenders /
convertors etc.
we also do not use any FICON bridges etc.

cross post to VM / VSE / Zos

thanks,
Augie