In
<3ebf9c9d119fd847b3a096c515a018f69486c...@surfsdvmp35.cnasurety.net>,
on 08/10/2012
   at 03:50 PM, "Pommier, Rex R." <rex.pomm...@cnasurety.com> said:

>What would be the reason(s) for starting long-running tasks like CICS
>as a started task or a batch job?

START doesn't tie up an initiator, and there's one less jobstep task
in the address space.

>My foggy brain seems to remember there being issues with running
>multi-step started tasks,

If you require an entry in the PPT, the same restrictions apply for a
started task and a batch job.

>and something about there not being as much data gathered

There used to be an SMF restriction, but these days it's under parmlib
control.

     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>