Terry,

Thanks for this.  I had not tried this procedure and will review our LISTC
today.

Yes I only see the base ??? entries in 3.4.  When I scan the pool in 3.4
with the mask of the GDG base and the PR* in the volumes it does not show
any files in the pool.

I will continue to research this issue.

Lizette

> Hi Lizette,
>
> In respect of your questions:
>
> "Is it possible to use DEF GDG (name(xyaz) NOSCRATCH NOPURGE) in an SMS
pool.

> Is it possible that SMS will honor the NOSCRACH and allow uncataloged GDG
datasets in
> the POOL?"
>
> In the JCL course I deliver I specifically get the students to create a
GDG Base with a