I concur.
There are little options when searching very large pools.

I have used the batch DFDSS sample and it works okay.

If I try with ISMF I am not allowed to use wildcards for the storgrp.  So they
have to be entered one at a time

If I use 3.4 I can over shoot because I might not be able to restrict the mask
enough (PR* vs. PRX*) and therefore pick up too many volumes.

I am considering opening a Share Requirement that would allow easier process of
finding all Uncataloged datasets in a Pool(s).  It would save some time if
DFSMS provided a better/easier/more flexible process

Currently CA Vantage and possibly FDRREPORT (I think, I do not have access to
the tool to confirm) have an easier process to do this.

Lizette