Your syntax is OK, but only for a 3 digit device name. Just like in JCL, a four
character device name needs to have a starting slash.
E.g. MOUNT /5D00,VOL=(SL,STOR02),USE=STORAGE

But what I have gotten used to, in my lazy old age, is simpler:

MOUNT SYSDA,VOL=(SL,STOR02),USE=STORAGE

All it requires is that the STOR02 volume be on-line before the MOUNT is
issued. So you could:

VARY 5D00,ONLINE
MOUNT SYSDA,VOL=(SL,STOR02),USE=STORAGE

If 5D00 is off-line.