Houzet Alain wrote:

>Somebody will have an example of exit 40 to implement conditionally purged
>processing by return code.  Indeed, we have 35 000 job/day and don't kept job
>with rc=0, but just kept job step ends with a return code higher than 4.

Why an exit? There is a JES2 command just for that. Can you rather use $P
J(*-*),CC=(00,04)?  (Purge all and every jobs with RC=00 or RC=04)

If I were you, I would rather add more selection criterias, for example days>10
(10 days)

You could schedule above command to be run every x hours or specific time with
something like '$T A,T=08.00,'$P J(... etc... '

Do you have any output manager like Control-D? This will help you much...

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht