In
<CAE1XxDF9E2LM5RY8VbvnVUtJVYxr+M3FyTL_rQ+-f=u4bsu...@mail.gmail.com>,
on 10/06/2012
   at 08:49 AM, John Gilmore <jwgli...@gmail.com> said:

>and he at once quite correct and utterly wrong.  As usual, it depends
>upon what "was available" is thought to mean.

<http://www.yourdictionary.com/available>:
   Available describes someone or something that can be found,
   used or accessed.

<http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/available>:
   1 [not usually before noun] able to be obtained, taken, or used
   2 [never before noun] not too busy to do something
   3 not married or involved in a romantic relationship and
     therefore able to start a new relationship

Nothing there about being free of charge.

>There is and has "always" been a list of non-standard mainframe
>instructions that IBM can make available for a [small] fee.

You are at once quite correct and utterly wrong.  As usual, it depends
upon what "make available" is thought to mean. There is a list of RPQ
options that IBM maintains, but IBM does not offer every option for
every processor.

     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>