Hello,
I went through this a few weeks ago myself.
Problem appears to have come in with HMC V7R3.4.0.

A lot of faffing about trawling through ibm & some google's before i got to the
answer which is down to the port firewall settings on the Ds8300 lan adaptor
panel.

Ports in question are 443, 8443 and 9960.

Have a look at the Hardware Management console V7 Redbook which should give you
some useful input.

I believe the specific port with the problem is 9960, but you do need all three
firewall configured.

We don't have direct hmc access to the lan firewall settings on our boxes (only
have the customer id) so had to raise calls with ibm for them to dial in and
correct.
Each affected DS8xxx H.M.C needs to be rebooted after.

Once they did that, the problem's gone.

Good Luck!

Dave