Hi Wayne,
as to ibm'ers, it was just our account support guy and uk back office.
Basically i did the leg work and identified the cause and they had to change
the setting as we couldnt do it directly.

I stumbled across the problem while looking into an email issue on one of our
DS8300's, so had to get the I.E disconnect sorted first before getting onto the
email problem.
(we generally use cli rather than the web gui, so were unaware we had the
problem)

Unfortunately i no longer have the output from the searches i did on ibm
support web & google so i can't give you specific OA numbers etc, but it IS a
known issue.

I'd give your regular support guy a ring and run through the problem with him.
If he's local he may well swing by and do it on the fly (raising his own work
case) and you can check it while you're there.

If not just raise a hardware call with them for each specific DS8xxx.

I see no harm in giving you the case references that we raised for the work if
they want to clarify the resolution.
A173BVW &  A173YP2 & B1720LB.

In our case it was only port 9960 that needing the firewall setting, but you
need all three ports, so make sure they check them all.

regards

Dave