Saying that I running Sam's UCBLOOK or SHOWZOS in an unauthorized state, can be
traversing one of these chains, encounter an element disappearing, and initiate
an I/O or any other action which results in more than an abend of my
SHOWMVS/UCBLOOK? Anything that actually could lead to something as drastic as
an IPL? Surely such a failure of system integrity would be APARable. Even if
the interface is not GUPI. Integrity is not enforced by documentation :)

Although a screwdriver is generally preferred to drive a screw, there are times
when expedience or need indicates a hammer will do the job adequately for the
specific situation.

Dave Gibney
Information Technology Services
Washington State University