Of course I had to try it for the first time in years.

1. Logon to TSO as SKIP01 at z/OS R13.
2. Issue P SKIP01 from a console.
3. Hit <enter> a few times, just get Ready. I.e. 'nothing happens'.
4. Then...

   pdf
IKJ56620I MVS STOP command encountered. TSO/E session is terminated.
IKJ56470I SKIP01 LOGGED OFF TSO AT 13:51:50 ON DECEMBER 5, 2012
IKJ56400A ENTER LOGON OR LOGOFF-

I think the key is that user is terminated at the next actual command.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company