From:   Gord Tomlin <gt.ibm.li...@actionsoftware.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU,
Date:   12/05/2012 03:58 PM
Subject:        Re: Historical question regarding the stop command
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

Apparently it depends on the command used. TIME does not cause this
behavior:

[STOP command issued here]

READY

  READY

time

  IKJ56650I TIME-06:54:36 PM. CPU-00:00:02 SERVICE-34255
SESSION-04:12:58 DECEMBER 5,2012
  READY

alloc f(foo) da(*)

  IKJ56620I MVS STOP command encountered. TSO/E session is terminated.

  IKJ56470I [redacted] LOGGED OFF TSO AT 18:55:52 ON DECEMBER 5, 2012

  IKJ56400A ENTER LOGON OR LOGOFF-

--

Regards, Gord Tomlin
Action Software International