On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 08:20:28 +0100, R.S. <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl> wrote:

>BTW: IMHO BASIC mode is quite good mode, you don't have to move to
>EHANCED mode just because such mode exists.

Sorry, Radoslaw, but even though I'm not an IBMer any more, I have to disagree
with you.

As the designer of the enhanced program security mode (and one of the
developers/designers of the older basic mode), I'll agree that basic mode is
good, but it has flaws that make it subject to attacks that can subvert the
security of your system. Enhanced mode is not subject to those attacks.

Every RACF shop that has program security enabled should be using enhanced
mode, and we wouldn't have invested all the time and money in developing it
(and in developing a smooth migration path to it) if we hadn't thought it was
important.

(Though, I suppose if you have 100% trust in all your users who can logon to
TSO or run batch jobs it might not be as important.)

--
Walt