On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 13:46:22 +0100, ibmmain <nitz-...@gmx.net> wrote:

>thanks for the confirmation. But: I have no clue how to run an experiment on
>this. I guess I'll be keeping what's left in
>the program class. (The * profile with certain data sets that I have shown).

The experiment is simple, and harmless, Barbara.

(1) Create a new program, perhaps simply copy IEFBR14 into SYS1.LINKLIB (or a
library of your choice that you have listed in PROGRAM *) under a new name, say
BARBTST

(2) Define a PROGRAM profile for BARBTST, specifying that library in the
ADDMEM, and UACC(NONE).

(3) RLIST that profile and make sure there's no one in the access list.

(4) SETR WHEN(PROGRAM) REFRESH

(5) See if a random user can run that program. If the specific profile wins,
the user can't. If the * profile wins, the user can.

Delete the program, and the PROGRAM profile you created when you're done. SETR
WHEN(PROGRAM) REFRESH again.

>It's actually a pity that IBM is incapable of implementing the 'good stuff'
>(in this case enhanced program mode) in the
>things IBM delivers themselves.

I agree. Perhaps you should open a problem ticket with the group that supplies
ADCD, or submit an enhancement request. It's possible they're not aware of the
issue.

--
Walt