> I didn't doubt what you wrote. I just didn't understand why it happened
> the way you told us because I know FTPD does not need BPX.DAEMON access.
> I'm still trying to find a plausible answer, I'm not in the lab (nor
> with IBM anymore), so I don't have access to internals.

Thanks Peter. My suspicion is that it has something to do with one of
-AUTOUID/AUTOGID being activated
-BPX.SHARED getting defined
-UNIXPRIV being activated (otherwise AUTOUID wouldn't work, with me having
alter to SUPERUSER.** and the rest of the world just read to SUPERUSER.FILESYS).

All of this was active in the 1.10 system, too (with the exception of the
superuser.** definitions in UNIXPRIV). ftp behaved differently on 1.10 than it
does on 1.13. One glaring difference is that in the 1.10 system I got RACF
errors when I hadn't made myself superuser and started trawling the filesystems
via ishell. This doesn't happen on the 1.13 system. Both were telling me my
EUID is 5002 or something when I first access the ishell.

In January I'll get another ADCD system with the accompanying RACF database. I
plan to test ftp after every cleanup job to see what breaks it. In hopes that
that will get me a better understanding. :-(

In any case, Merry Christmas to everyone!

Barbara