I must not be understanding something as I received and offline email telling
me these commands would not back sub-directories, However on my z/OS 1.12 lpar.
I receive the following messages which indicated they are backup up. What's the
difference?  I made an assumption, right or wrong you run this with superuser,
we also temporarily changed from a R/O to R/W mount, to perform the restores.

/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH001
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH002
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH003
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH004
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH005
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH006
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH007
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH008
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH009
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH010
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH011
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH039
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH040
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH041
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH042
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH043
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH055
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH056
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAH057
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKAM003
/usr/lpp/gskssl/IBM/GSKLM015
/usr/lpp/gskssl/bin/
/usr/lpp/gskssl/bin/gskkyman
/usr/lpp/gskssl/bin/gsktrace
/usr/lpp/gskssl/examples/
/usr/lpp/gskssl/examples/client.cpp
/usr/lpp/gskssl/examples/common.cpp
/usr/lpp/gskssl/examples/common.hpp
/usr/lpp/gskssl/examples/display_certificate.c
/usr/lpp/gskssl/examples/gsksrvr.envar
/usr/lpp/gskssl/examples/secures.cpp
/usr/lpp/gskssl/examples/secures.h
/usr/lpp/gskssl/examples/server.cpp
/usr/lpp/gskssl/examples/utils.cpp
/usr/lpp/gskssl/examples/utils.hpp
/usr/lpp/gskssl/examples/Makefile
/usr/lpp/gskssl/include/
/usr/lpp/gskssl/include/gskcms.h
/usr/lpp/gskssl/include/gskssl.h
/usr/lpp/gskssl/include/gsktypes.h
/usr/lpp/gskssl/lib/
/usr/lpp/gskssl/lib/nls/
/usr/lpp/gskssl/lib/nls/msg/
/usr/lpp/gskssl/lib/nls/msg/En_US.IBM-1047/
/usr/lpp/gskssl/lib/nls/msg/En_US.IBM-1047/gskmsgs.cat
/usr/lpp/gskssl/lib/nls/msg/Ja_JP.IBM-939/
/usr/lpp/gskssl/lib/GSKCMS31.x
/usr/lpp/gskssl/lib/GSKCMS64.x
/usr/lpp/gskssl/lib/GSKSSL.x
/usr/lpp/gskssl/lib/GSKSSL64.x
Compression: 71.22%
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/IBM/
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/IBM/IMWCACHE
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/IBM/IMWFCGI
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/IBM/IMWGSKIP
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/IBM/IMWJAVDL
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/IBM/IMWJGIW
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/IBM/IMWOCGPR
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/IBM/IMWOCGTL
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/IBM/IMWOHTAP
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/IBM/IMWSCONT
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/IBM/IMWSOEDS
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/IBM/IMWYWWUS
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/IMWX00.so
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/Jav_dll.so
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/cacheagt
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/cgiparse
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/cgiutils
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/gskipc.so
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/htcounter.so
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/htjgiwrapper
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/libfcgi.so
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/libhttpdapi.so
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/mvsds.so
/usr/lpp/internet/bin/wwwus.so
Compression: 64.03%
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/IBM/
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/IBM/HTTPD
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/IBM/IMWHTTPH
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/IBM/IMWLGRPJ
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/IBM/IMWOHTDM
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/IBM/IMWOWWWC
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/IBM/IMWSERVR
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/IBM/IMWSETUP
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/IBM/IMWSTCFG
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/IBM/IMWSTLNS
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/IBM/IMWSTTGT
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/IBM/IMWUSAGE
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/htadm
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/htlogrep
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/httpd
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/httpd_V5R3M0
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/setup.sh
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/setupcfg.sh
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/setuplns.sh
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/setuptgt.sh
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/webusage
/usr/lpp/internet/sbin/wwwcmd
Compression: 69.29%

Thanks

Ms. Terri E. Shaffer
terri.e.shaf...@jpmchase.com
z/OS Engineer
J.P.Morgan Chase & Co.
GTI ECS Enterprise Software Engineering (ESE) or Extreme Software Engineering
Office: # 614-213-3467
Cell: # 412-519-2592