On 1/17/2013 10:56 AM, Dazzo, Matt wrote:
I have a shared global zone between lpars with targets for each lpar.
I am applying RSU maint, one lpar has osmf on it and one does not.
What I would like to do is on one lpar is exclude applying the ptf's
for the fmids pertaining to osmf but apply all the other ptf's in the
RSU package I pulled down.  I have looked in the smp commands guide
on the apply command and saw that the you can't EXCLUDE by FMID? Any
suggestions on excluding ptf's for certain FMID's?

You're right, you can't EXCLUDE by FMID. You'll have to exclude individual PTFs.

However, why do you want to exclude them? If z/OSMF is installed in the subject LPAR, why not keep the service current and in sync with z/OS, even if you aren't running z/OSMF? You may decide later to run it. As a matter of fact, due to requisites between z/OS and z/OSMF, you may be forced to APPLY them anyway. That is, there may be PTFs in z/OS that contain ++IFREQ for PTFs in z/OSMF.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development