Kurt, thanks that's what I decided to do. Too many ptf's to exclude and I
thought maybe we would use it later at some point.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Kurt Quackenbush
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 8:31 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SMP Apply Question

On 1/17/2013 10:56 AM, Dazzo, Matt wrote:
> I have a shared global zone between lpars with targets for each lpar.
> I am applying RSU maint, one lpar has osmf on it and one does not.
> What I would like to do is on one lpar is exclude applying the ptf's
> for the fmids pertaining to osmf but apply all the other ptf's in the
> RSU package I pulled down.  I have looked in the smp commands guide
> on the apply command and saw that the you can't EXCLUDE by FMID? Any
> suggestions on excluding ptf's for certain FMID's?

You're right, you can't EXCLUDE by FMID.  You'll have to exclude
individual PTFs.

However, why do you want to exclude them?  If z/OSMF is installed in the
subject LPAR, why not keep the service current and in sync with z/OS,
even if you aren't running z/OSMF?  You may decide later to run it.  As
a matter of fact, due to requisites between z/OS and z/OSMF, you may be
forced to APPLY them anyway.  That is, there may be PTFs in z/OS that
contain ++IFREQ for PTFs in z/OSMF.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development