These days, why spend the money for PMO. LLA will do the same job for much less
money!

<snip>
>PMO is a CA product (very old) that manages PDS datasets.  Provides
>performance for PDS datasets.  The other product by CA I forgot to ask about
>is PDSMAN.  It has some nice features as well. For PMO - I was thinking if it
>is a very large PDS, then this might help with performance in fetching members
>for the OP.

Many thanks. Now I know. AFAIK, there were some similar products which
'prefetch' members for very large PDS to improve performance and there were
threads on IBM-MAIN about handling PDS with very large count of members.
</snip>