On 7 Feb 2013 05:05:41 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>Skellen, Frank kindly wrote:
>
>>Here's the data they used.
>http://www.ordinal.com/
>http://sortbenchmark.org/2006_NeoSortMinute.pdf
>

>Thanks for sorting me out! ;-)
>I, sort of, wish to have those toys they played with to get these impressive
>results to sort out the cynics...
>
>Thanks again!
>
>Groete / Greetings
>Elardus Engelbrecht ( being sorted out! ;-D )

Back in 2001 I used SYNCSORT on HP-UX and was impressed by the way it
made the mainframe version look old fashioned.  I could use a COBOL
copy book or define fields inline and sort by field name.  Since none
of the SYNCSORT manuals are online, I can't compare the sorts between
platforms but I suspect that in many ways the application interfaces
are more advanced on other platforms.

Clark Morris