On Fri, 15 May 2020 16:38:04 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>I thought that you could turn off TSO recognition of semicolon with PROFILE or
>TERMINAL but, no, you can't. I'm not sure what happens if CLIST or REXX code
>passes a semicolon. OTOH, TSO will accept a semicolon in a quoted string.

I couldn't turn it off for ISPF.  I set it to '¾' and hope I never need it.

>The TSO command is OMVS and it is documented in z/OS UNIX System Services
>Command Reference.

"TSO SH" causes TSO TMP to execute an "SH" command, and I can't
find documentation of the latter.

IBM representatives have been conspicuously silent on two
ongoing related threads.  Perhaps they recognize BPXBATCH
is indefensible.

-- gil