From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
scott Ford [idfli...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2020 3:55 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Looking for clarification/guidance on SMTP DD FREE/SPIN

Seymour,

Rxsock - TCPIP guide for OOrexx

Chapter 8 specifically.

Scott

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 3:34 PM Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

> > How does one "issue" SPIN=UNALLOC?
>
> With a DD statement in the JCL. That's part of why I find the text
> confusing.
>
> > What is a "spin SYSOUT data set" other than one with the SPIN keyword or
> text unit?
>
> A spin dataset is a SYSOUT dataset that can be processed before the job
> terminates. You can specify it in the JCL, in the dynamic allocation or in
> the DYNAMIC unallocation. You can also spin an open SYSOUT dataset with
> SETPRT.
>
> > Documentation semantics aside
>
> You can't get correct output if you set the semantics aside.
>
> > How do I allocate an independent track group?
>
> DALSPIN (X'8013')
>

> --
> Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
> http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

*IDMWORKS *

Scott Ford

z/OS Dev.

“By elevating a friend or Collegue you elevate yourself, by demeaning a
friend or collegue you demean yourself”

http://secure-web.cisco.com/1SeIlFsRlgu2dwWvy5jdjGbLbGrTh555gKqTVS0uFj3GkfRKSyMTe3qHMLIjiutAyXzXpN6a85vXtipBmWwCfBbR7FGgvljHgvQuy9jZn7_afl3e8cO-1gmY01yCCbvYBCcqaIjVGJoiwyRgLFER5wLKD7lovux78KQ1w2_ZBbIxFgNQP0GNFcXt9G8Z46-e_hG5BmPESEIp81Z9Js9CMt-9OzkHvMxzEW95_c5uTJjcghBs2-bdYHieZkUruOLt95haAZrFWfXTlDO7QOZAJa2qt7RMtLZ4nazptBXjgVZKRxb2o1pOIggKCriRBXBgYVLW8GLNfbavNkjfDD7TB28vQMdIQEfb01xjNPA9F-MDAsn39COmJiP4w_byWCleyjERTqGEffYT410cbswXaMlLJe2Z24US_1yoGvakYsYASnDAkltnn30AdE0dYEhFP/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.idmworks.com

scott.f...@idmworks.com

Blog:
http://secure-web.cisco.com/1U941GkzTbA37iAWKODnanfRpK8U9-7hSGnXh6_s-Z50ua7QFur2LCOSdVt8RLQ2hDz19_hl5wbwf3t5wyg25iC_ulO1ed-EjM_6Br15RQyeDmtaliMbgai0208KJU237EJgdnbRXSRU4QR_s9b_VGlXNYowEPIbRXelOuCMsV5SG3WbUBzJIdyGlV_FtwdUajMA1yKD_T25OuEVfr6-O0ODxac0ebaaYoIvsF7I7qBojRXSDvFi-dC8b68VHiDT5vf0yUs8svgIaxeQfONfQtBgviscanBiREuOlqlPK50a5jJyEKt-bdhQqc_0F20tWUgGIF3CKRAeAnzGHg7OMy7HdDXC9tUZU4a6xqopTjjtZenMbKzfYQQ6n-2oDhN7I-CrP0ZcAZe8KuGaEz9upfy7RAY8zTScigFwLz0B3Fb_U-Fbm6OXC9bIRmu8tZfrq/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.idmworks.com%2Fblog

*The information contained in this email message and any attachment may be
privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or
use of this message and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and permanently delete it from your computer and destroy any
printout thereof.*