From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
lenru...@gmail.com <lenru...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 8:52 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: Re: COBOL Question

On, long ago and on some DOS/VS Cobol compiler, after a compiler upgrade, there
was a problem with a statement something like this:
READ some-file    AT END do somethingMOVE A TO B.
See the problem?  The period after the AT END was omitted.  The old compiler
only allowed one statement after AT END (maybe a bug) but after it honored the
period.
It was a bear to find.  It worked before and for a long time after the compiler
change, until it was complied again.
    On Monday, June 8, 2020, 08:22:18 PM CDT, Frank Swarbrick