If you want to think in those terms, fish existed before birds. And fish
lay eggs (caviar?). So the egg preceded the chicken. Come to think of it,
arthropods may have preceded fish. And they lay eggs too. Eggs came way
before chickens. A chicken is just a "right sized" dinosaur. <grin/>

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Gerhard Postpischil <gerh...@valley.net>wrote:

> On 2/19/2013 7:54 AM, Peter Relson wrote:
>
>> Since the "chicken and egg" situation was (correctly) mentioned,
>>

> A "chicken and egg" situation exists only for people who don't understand
> evolution (a bird not quite a chicken laid a mutated egg that grew into a
> chicken). I'm amazed that more than 150 years after Darwin and Wallace
> people still get it wrong <g>
>
> Gerhard Postpischil
> Bradford, Vermont

This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown