On 6/22/20 1:09 PM, William Donzelli wrote:
Also, if I could post an image to this list, I would show what a standard IBM phase rotation sensor looks like. I have a box of them.

They are basically just relays with three windings on the core, and unless the phases are hooked up properly, they will not throw - all the magnetic fields have to line up.

I would be interested in seeing a picture, and more so, a schematic (block) diagram of how they were wired.

I can conceptually understand how it should be possible to build something that would respond with the proper phasing. I just can't grasp it well enough to white board it.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die