mån 2020-06-22 klockan 14:05 -0600 skrev Grant Taylor:
> On 6/22/20 1:09 PM, William Donzelli wrote:
> > Also, if I could post an image to this list, I would show what a
> > standard IBM phase rotation sensor looks like. I have a box of
> > them.
> >
> > They are basically just relays with three windings on the core,
> > and unless the phases are hooked up properly, they will not throw
> > -
> > all the magnetic fields have to line up.
>
> I would be interested in seeing a picture, and more so, a schematic
> (block) diagram of how they were wired.
>
> I can conceptually understand how it should be possible to build
> something that would respond with the proper phasing.  I just can't
> grasp it well enough to white board it.

3-phase power heating pumps (and other 3-phase compressors) here in
Europe usually comes equipped from factory with phase-order relays.

IT is very bad running a scroll compressor backwards ....

We have a number of utilities who did that error (and when
we also have the utility people which loses the return .....  stuff
doesn't like
being feed 300 V while done for 240.)

It normal for houses here in Sweden and a lot of other countries in
Europe to have 3-phase with return and protective earth service.