From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Joe
Monk
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 11:14 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Use of BPXWUNIX and CP - a weekend quandary.

So I came across this interesting snippet...

"You can also use cp to copy files to and from MVSâ„¢ data sets. If you specify
more than one file to be copied, the target (last path name on command line)
must be either a directory or a partitioned data set. *If the target is an MVS
partitioned data set, the source cannot be a UNIX
directory."*

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.2.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r2.bpxa500/cp.htm

So isnt your source a UNIX directory?  /u/me/pdsdir/*

Joe