On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 4:14 PM Feller, Paul <
000002fc94e14c43-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> This all sounds like similar behavior of the option in 3.4 called "Include
> Additional Qualifiers".  If you don't set the option on you have to wild
> card your dataset list.  With the option set on you don't have to use wild
> card to get a dataset list.
>
> All the code I've ever written using IGGCSI00 I've had to use wild cards
> to get the list of datasets I wanted.  In the manual they talk about how
> the use of wild cards or no wild cards will affect the output from IGGCSI00.
>

> I'm not sure what you are referring to in the IGGCSI00 documentation.  The
first paragraph says:

*"The generic filter key can be a fully-qualified entry name, in which case
one entry is returned, or the generic filter key can contain "wild cards"
so thatmultiple entries can be selected on a single invocation."*

You can verify proper behavior with the following use of IBM's sample REXX
program:

READY
exec 'sys1.samplib(iggcsirx)'
 ENTER FILTER KEY
MYHLQ.DSN

On *one* of Bruce's LPARs, this fails for *any* dataset, even those
cataloged in the master catalog.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com