All,

I recently found out that Edson Hendricks (the creator of VNET) wrote a copy of
Spacewar! for the IBM System 360 while he was an MIT student.  It was based on
the PDP-1 version, and it was used by MIT for their annual open house in either
1965 or 1966.  My understanding is that this S/360 version ended up getting
played by IBMers at the IBM Research Lab, which resulted in a corporate ban of
running the software on IBM machines.  Considering that the source should run
on modern IBM mainframes with some code modification, I thought that this might
be something worth resurrecting for the 50th anniversary of the System 360
announcement.  Do any of you ever recall playing this game on an IBM mainframe
or hearing about others that might have done this? Do any of you have suggests
for finding the source code for this S/360 version?  Edson does not have a
copy, and I have not yet heard back the from Computer History Museum.

Thanks for your help!!!

Respectfully,
Sean P. McBride
Millennialmainframer.com