The Michigan Mods tapes are on the CBT web site.

Regards,
John K

From:   Clark Morris <cfmpub...@ns.sympatico.ca>
To:     IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Date:   02/25/2013 06:56 AM
Subject:        Re: Spacewar! on S/360
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu>

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/play-spacewar-on-the-dec-pdp-1-emulated-in-your-browser-20121211/

>Maybe someone can isolate the PDP-1 source and re-port it?

Is the MICHMODS OS360 precursor to the CBT tape archived anywhere? the
Goddard tape?

Clark Morris

>I am fairly certain the Star Trek and Klingon games are on the CBTTape.org
site.

>On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 10:51 PM, Sean P. McBride <spmcbr...@us.ibm.com>
wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I recently found out that Edson Hendricks (the creator of VNET) wrote a
copy of Spacewar! for the IBM System 360 while he was an MIT student.  It
was based on the PDP-1 version, and it was used by MIT for their annual
open house in either 1965 or 1966.  My understanding is that this S/360
version ended up getting played by IBMers at the IBM Research Lab, which
resulted in a corporate ban of running the software on IBM machines.
Considering that the source should run on modern IBM mainframes with some
code modification, I thought that this might be something worth
resurrecting for the 50th anniversary of the System 360 announcement.  Do
any of you ever recall playing this game on an IBM mainframe or hearing
about others that might have done this? Do any of you have suggests for
finding the source code for this S/360 version?  Edson does not have a
copy, and I have not yet heard back the from Computer History Museum.