Hello,

I'm setting up a batch job to access our FTP server using FTPS and TLS 1.2.
(Forgive me if that nomenclature is less than perfect.)

I've imported certficates, built a keyring, and come up with a combination of
FTP client parameters that will allow me to connect to the server and upload a
file:

//FTPXFER  EXEC PGM=FTP,REGION=4292K,
//    PARM=('POSIX(ON) ALL31(ON)',
//       'ENVAR("_CEE_ENVFILE=DD:STDENV")/(EXIT')
//OUTPUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//STDENV   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=WRL1.FTPS.STDENV
//*
//* //STDENV   DD *
//* GSK_PROTOCOL_TLSV1_2=ON
//*
//SYSFTPD  DD *
CLIENTERRCODES       EXTENDED
EPSV4                        TRUE
EXTENSIONS               AUTH_TLS
FWFRIENDLY               TRUE
KEYRING                     TCPIP/FTP.KEYRING
PASSIVEIGNOREADDR  TRUE
SECUREIMPLICITZOS   FALSE
SECURE_FTP               REQUIRED
SECURE_MECHANISM  TLS
SECURE_DATACONN    PRIVATE
SECURE_CTRLCONN    PRIVATE
SECURE_HOSTNAME   REQUIRED
TLSMECHANISM          FTP
TLSRFCLEVEL             CCCNONOTIFY
/*
//INPUT    DD  *

I'm trying to make this as self-contained as possible, and would like to supply
the variables via SYSIN rather than require the PS file named on the
un-commented version of the STDENV DD.  BPXBATCH is the only program I can find
documented that says "//STDENV DD *" is supported.  FTP, at least with the PARM
I'm using, seems to ignore it.

Is it possible to supply STDENV to FTP via SYSIN?

I hate to admit it, but I thought "Ok, I'll just IEBGENER the variable(s) into
a VB LRECL=255 BLKSIZE=27998 file (like the one that works), and use that.  But
strangely, I can't get that to work either--even though SUPERC confirms the
files match.

TIA,
Wendell