From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Wendell Lovewell
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2020 9:05 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Passing STDENV DD to FTP via SYSIN

Hey Charles,

No nuclear secrets here.  I've been pulled kicking & screaming into adding this
level of security anyway.

I'm shooting for the absolute easiest way to give any z/OS and z/VSE customer
the ability to upload a file to a server that requires a secured connection.  I
don't see a way around the certificates, but at least I have been able to set
up a single job a RACF admin could run to set up a keyring they can use.  But I
couldn't find a combination of parameters that would get SSL or TLS 1.1 working
with this particular server (that I don't control).

I used the info from that URL because one of the last things I want to do is
require customers to set up a TLS policy just to upload a file.  By forcing TLS
1.2 and these other SYSFTPD parameters, I think I can at least keep away from
having to get into any (other than RACF) system-type files:

//FTPXFER  EXEC PGM=FTP,REGION=4292K,
//    PARM=('POSIX(ON) ALL31(ON)',
//       'ENVAR("GSK_PROTOCOL_TLSV1_2=ON")/(EXIT')
//SYSFTPD  DD *
CLIENTERRCODES       EXTENDED
EPSV4                        TRUE
EXTENSIONS              AUTH_TLS
FWFRIENDLY              TRUE
KEYRING                    TCPIP/MACK.FTP.KEYRING
PASSIVEIGNOREADDR TRUE
SECUREIMPLICITZOS   FALSE
SECURE_FTP               REQUIRED
SECURE_MECHANISM  TLS