The email came from someone in our organization who was asking us to
forward any suspicious attachment by clicking on it and saving it before
forwarding it on.

My reaction was that this was another attempt to get all the recipients to
click on something dangerous.

I immediately sent an email to say "don't do what the email asks".

The originator apologised but said what he asked for was perfectly
reasonable.

Very poor.

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 3:31 AM zMan <zedgarhoo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wayne Bickerdike wrote:
>
> >My "spoof" email was apparently genuine. The
>
> >person who sent it has no idea
>
> >how much he got wrong with the request.
>
> Eh? Can you elaborate? First sentence makes no sense. It was spoofed or it
> wasn't?!
> --
> zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"

Wayne V. Bickerdike