DAE uses QSAM  - the DCB is

DAEDCB DCB MACRF=(GL,PM),DSORG=PS,RECFM=FB,LRECL=255,EROPT=ACC

 I don't know offhand of anything that would preclude using
compressed data set for DAE.

Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test  IBM Corp.
Poughkeepsie NY

"IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote on
10/06/2020 10:11:28 AM: