I guess I don’t agree with that Lizette?  I mean we can agree to disagree,
there are many ways to run our environments, but clearing out DAE will just
retrigger DUMPs for repetitive issues all over again?  It may be old
technology, but it works!   1400+ unique entries in our 20% utilized dae
allocated at 45 trks.   Usually it’s the DB2 sysprogs that come to me to
re-enable a certain dump that’s being suppressed.

Now, clearing out the sysplex dump directory regularly is something I agree
with.

--------------------------------- DAE Display ---------------------------------
                                                          Row 1 to 14 of 1,437
Command ===>                                                  Scroll ===> CSR
  Enter an Action Code next to an entry.
  Enter / next to an entry to choose from a list of Action Codes.

  Dataset: 'SYS2.SYSPLEX.DAE'
  Dumps  since last DAE Display: 215             Total Dumps suppressed: 163672
  Events since last DAE Display: 110606          Suppression rate:       94%

Dave Jousma
AVP | Director, Technology Engineering

Fifth Third Bank  |  1830 East Paris Ave, SE  |  MD RSCB2H  |  Grand Rapids, MI
49546
616.653.8429  |  fax: 616.653.2717