From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 3:37 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Is there a JES2 command to submit a job?

We did something like that before we had CA-7 (actually Runtrack). We used
the $TA command to start a task which then submitted the actual JCL. The
started task JCL looked something like:

//OPER  PROC JOBLIB=PROD.JOBS.JCLLIB,MEMBER=NOTHING
//OPER EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSIN DD  DUMMY
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=Z PURGE CLASS
//SYSUT2 DD SYSOUT=(*,INTRDR)
//SYSUT1 DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&JOBLIB(&MEMBER)
//* END OF PROC

The $TA  would include the $VS command like: $VS,'S OPER,MEMBER=SOMEJOB'