From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
David Spiegel
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2020 11:27 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Running same stc in a LPAR

[External Email. Exercise caution when clicking links or opening attachments.]

Hi Peter,
I've seen this, but, not recently.

Regards,
David

On 2020-11-21 23:08, Peter wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is it possible for JES to allow to run two started task with the same
> name in a LPAR(not sysplex).
>
> One of a started task in our lpar is running two stc with same name
> but second one notifies that this particular task is already active.
>
> Is it a JES functionality to allow a task to run with same name or the
> product which has the capability of running in duplicate as many times
> even though it is initialised in one STC alone ?
>
> Could someone please shed your light on above ?
>

> Peter

> email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN .

Confidentiality notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or
the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this
e-mail message from your computer.